Often called ‘the change’ due to the fact that it is related to a change in a women’s hormonal levels, all women will experience the menopause. This natural process may cause women to not only experience unwanted physical symptoms but also to feel different emotionally.
Many clients I see feel anxious about the process of menopause, as well as a loss of the reproductive function of their bodies. Whatever feelings the menopause stirs within you, remember it is a personal experience and turning inwards, nurturing your changing body and accepting that you are moving into a new stage of life will help with the transition. Some of the physical symptoms you may experience are:
- Hot flushes
- Mood swings
- Night sweats
- Weight change
- Lack of energy
- Joint Pain
- Itchy skin
- Declining libido
So how can we manage these symptoms to enable us to embrace these changes in our body?
- A great Kinesiology technique is to Rub your jaw bone, otherwise know as your TMJ. This fabulous area is closely linked to the hypothalamus the part of the nervous system that controls body temperature- feeling hot?? get rubbing.
- Cut out alcohol, especially wine as I’m afraid it encourages flushes.
- Reduce your sugar intake. As we all know sugar tends to have a negative effect on the body in lots of ways, reducing refined sugars when going through the menopause allows your body to focus on what’s important and not get caught up processing side effects that sugar creates.
- Support your liver and consider a liver detox. The liver processes everything from food, drink, emotions and even hormones .A cleanse will help to clear out excess hormones in the body and is recommended every 3 months to keep flushes under control. Ask me about the ‘Healthy Starter Pack‘ to help cleanse your internal systems.
- Add soy based foods especially tofu to your diet to reduce symptoms of itching. The isoflavanes in soy act like oestrogen in the body so may help to reduce hormonal fluctuations
- A kinesiology balance may help stabilise the endocrine system and keep those hormones under control and will also help determine what supplements may support your menopausal symptoms individually.
- Supporting the body nutritionally is key. My favourite is ‘Mastergland’ to help control flushes, energy and metabolism
Whatever stage you are at on your journey into menopause, remember you are not alone and whilst every women’s journey is a personal one for them, here at the Hut we have lots of tools to support you. So if you are showing signs of the above symptoms please do get in touch and make an appointment.