Nutrition is key for both mental and physical well being and there is a huge rise in people reporting symptoms of IBS, sleep disruption and even cold sores. All of these can be helped by incorporating simple dietary changes into your lifestyle.
I have identified some of the most common conditions below and indicated the supplements and dietary changes you can make to help with them:
- Asthma – increase your B12 with green vegetables and beans. Use omega’s, anti inflammatory’s and high doses of vitamin C. Look after your gut health.
- Cold Sores – believe it or not these can be made worse if you aren’t looking after your gut health – you can do this by avoiding dairy, beans, chocolate and nuts. Help combat cold sores naturally by taking supplements of Vitamin C and L-Lysine.
- Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia – follow a healthy diet with lots of green veg and nuts to increase your magnesium. Supplements of vitamin C, omega and Magnesium
- Sleep – avoid sugar and caffeine in the evening. Eat green leafy veg. Taking supplements of B6, Calcium Magnesium and Nutricalm before bed.
- IBS – avoid foods you are known to be sensitive too and avoid bran. Add fibre in the form of vegetables to add bulk to your diet. Drink plenty of water, supplement with digestive aids and omega 3.
- Toxic Overload – if you are bruising easily, heal slowly after infection or are exposed to smoke & pollution you could be suffering from this. Eat fruit and veg especially berries, avocado and sweet potatoes. Supplement your diet with Zambroza.
The above suggestions are meant to compliment your health. Always seek medical advice and only reduce prescribed medication under the guidance of your doctor.
If you suffer from any of these conditions I’d love to hear if any of these tips have helped you or if you have any foods or supplements to add.